Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas 2011

I am glad I did not add "Stop procrastinating" to my 2012 goals, as I am just getting around to sharing all the deets of the holiday season.


Christmas was pretty awesome this year.  Before we head out to "make the rounds," Brandon & I always have our own little Christmas/gift exchange at our house.  We were especially excited to keep that tradition for Owen's first Christmas. 


I always look forward to seeing my favorite friends and hanging out in Burlington at my parents.  Everyone needs that familiar comfort of being home for a few days.  I can't remember the last time the entire family spent an evening at home, watching a movie.  Of course, Brandon was asleep before the previews ended, but I loved the comfort of togetherness I felt. I have really become a big sap since Owen was born, haven't I? 


We also spent a few days at "Hoppy Acres Colorado," with a full house of 12! I love hanging out with the fam & the nephews, & can't wait for Owen to join in the fun in a couple of years. It was beyond awesome to have an entire week just being a mommy & wife.  Now if we could only win the lottery, so I could be mommy & wife full time, life would be unbelievably perfect!  Ten years ago, my feminist teenage self would have been absolutely disgusted at that statement, but I have found more contentment & satisfaction out of singing nursery rhymes and cooking a delicious dinner than being prisoner to an office all day.  Besides, stay-at-home moms can still save the world, right?! Anywho, that's another story...


After returning home from Colorado, we enjoyed a few days at home, doing a whole lot of nothing...my favorite!  New Year's Eve isn't quite as exciting when you have a baby, but we managed to enjoy an evening at home, complete with lobster & steak for dinner, & a bedtime of 10:30pm.  The next morning, we rang in the New Year with champagne & cinammon rolls (also glad "dieting" wasn't on my list of 2012 goals, either!).  Now we are full speed ahead into this new year, and I have that butterfly feeling in my stomach that this is going to be a really great year with exciting stuff ahead. 
Our little Christmas

Beautiful view off the front porch of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains


No comments:

Post a Comment